Sunday, November 1, 2009

ELO Call Up

I know that it has been a long time since we last met, Internet. But today I come to you bearing good news - the ELO has posted their new conference call! My friend Melinda just passed the link along to me.

The conference is going to be held June 3-6 (2010) at Brown University. I very much recommend you submitting a proposal if this sort of thing is up your ally, because the ELO people in general have been quite nice to me in the past and are very friendly to everyone, but especially so to young scholars and non-academics interested in the field. I attended and presented at the 2008 conference and had a great time where I met many elit artists and learned a ton from the other scholars and presentations. If you are new to the field, this is a great place to start learning. If you've already dabbled a bit in the topic, this is a great place to get your inner-geek paparazzi on, because I'll guarantee you that there will be a plethora of names you know milling about at the treat tables between presentations.

1 comment:

melinda said...

Why, hhelllooo George Landow and Robert Coover, fancy seeing you here! :) (I am just guessing the techno-geek paparazzi comment might have had something to do with me...?)