Saturday, February 20, 2010

ISSN Conference Presentation

I’m still here! I survived my semester of exams and defending and general evaluation. Now I just need to survive the dissertation-writing process for, oh, say the next two years or so. In order to nudge me in that direction, I proposed a short paper to the International Society for the Study of Narrative conference this year, and, much to my delight and healthy sense of public-speaking terror, I was accepted. I’m planning to use this paper as a jumpstart to chapter five of my dissertation, focusing on visual, Flash-based narratives like Donna Leishman’s Deviant: The Possession of Christian Shaw.

If you will be in Cleveland April 8-11, please stop by my session and say hi. I’m nervous and excited to be presenting with all these big-name narratologists, so my palms might be a little sweaty (fair warning, I say). But that also means that I’ll be nerding out, all googly-eye star struck, and certainly ready to share a few drinks with friends afterwards.

No comments: